Monday, June 13, 2011




hello! I spent a little time in the sunshine today visiting with friends at parks and at home in the garden photographing some of my recent work.

I am trying to take it easy and shake off a cold. I am turning towards using very bold and bright colours as it gets colder and when the skies are grey-this lovely ultramarine blue is my current favourite but the bright red below is not far behind!





I had a few crafty events last week- I joined the fun of the etsy party held at the very funky Salt venue last Thursday night. It was fun catching up with some lovely Brisstyle members including Teneale of Wicked Child Designs. She bought along delicious home made Anzac biscuits(yum! thanks!) and created a little post about the party here

And Saturday was the last day of the Saviours of the Lost Arts festival and I once again was lucky enough to be invited to teach some lovely women the basics of crochet.


It's been another fun and heart warming SoLA festival to be involved in.
Thanks to everyone who joined in so enthusiastically for lessons during the festival- at the homeless connect event, the King George Square market knit in and at the basics for beginners lessons-it was such a privilege to meet and work with you all!
I'd like to make special mention of lovely Jessica who has a gorgeous blog which might inspire you if you have young ones at home. It's all about her interests in early education and art-good luck with your granny squares Jess!
happy crafting(especially crocheting!)
xKate




No comments: